The Data Analysis Services Group, better known as DASG, is part of the Computational & Information Systems Laboratory's (CISL) High-End Services Section (HSS). HSS provides resources and services for computation, data analysis, data post-processing, visualization, large scale data sharing and mass storage.
DASG provides advanced data analysis, data-postprocessing and visual computing facilities aimed at solving the most challenging data analysis and visualization problems. Your first stop should be the Getting Started Section and please feel free to contact us with questions.
Enhancing scientific workflow by providing the research community with a highly advanced computing environment tailored toward the specialized needs of interactive data post-processing, analysis and visualization.
- Providing a state of the art, unified computing environment comprised of powerful, closely coupled, interactive processing and visualization engines, high-performance storage, and specialized software applications.
- Providing large-capacity high-performance file systems shared between heterogeneous computers used for modeling, data analysis, visualization and access.
- Evaluating, exploring and integrating applicable new technologies and methodologies to support the mission.
- Producing visual content (animations and imagery) as a support service on behalf of scientific staff.
- Performing basic research and algorithm development of relevant visualization and analysis methods.
25 October 2010
The VirtualGL and TurboVNC packages have been upgraded on the storm and mirage clusters. more >
HPC Downtime: 02 November 2010
All DASG services will be unavailable from 0530 - 1300 for system testing.
System Changes: 02 November 2010
During this system test time, we will be making the following changes on the mirage and storm clusters:
- Remount /gpfs/proj0 as /glade/proj0
- Remount /gpfs/proj2 as /glade/proj2
- Move /fs/home to /glade/home